DICOM File and Volume Importer for Cinema 4D
Full documentation can be found here.
- Load DICOM images directly into Cinema 4D
- View thumbnails in the content browser
- DICOM Volume Creator
- Currently supports only a subset of DICOM images
With the introduction of OpenVDB in R20 we are now also able to directly support Volume creation from a set of DICOM images.
Import a DICOM sequence into C4D as a volume and use the new R20 Volume Mesher to visualize the data directly in your viewport.
- Available from either the "Plugins 4D" menu, if you have a bundle, or the "Plugins" menu if you have an individual licence.
- Choose DICOM Volume Creator
- Drag and drop a dicom image from disk, or the content browser, into the DICOM Image field.
- From the Create Mode dropdown choose if you want the new volume to be under a mesher, a builder or as a plain volume.
- Press Create Volume.
- The DICOM images will be imported and a volume created and added to your scene.
- You can now close the dialog.
The Cancer Imaging Archive
This video will take you through the process of finding and downloading DICOM files from the Cancer Imaging Archive. You can then load these DICOM images directly into Cinema 4D via the Content Browser.
About the DICOM images on this page
The above DICOM images are from the Cancer Imaging Archive. Below are the attribution and citations in accordance with the requirements for working with these images.
The images shown were taken from the following collection.
Zuley, M. L., Jarosz, R., Kirk, S., Lee, Y., Colen, R., Garcia, K., … Aredes, N. D. (2016). Radiology Data from The Cancer Genome Atlas Head-Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma [TCGA-HNSC] collection. The Cancer Imaging Archive.
Clark K, Vendt B, Smith K, Freymann J, Kirby J, Koppel P, Moore S, Phillips S, Maffitt D, Pringle M, Tarbox L, Prior F. The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA): Maintaining and Operating a Public Information Repository, Journal of Digital Imaging, Volume 26, Number 6, December, 2013, pp 1045-1057. (paper)